Voting

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Summer Sun

     I'm TAAAAAN!!!  Both Nat and I got so sunburned on July 4th.  I shoulda thought of sunscreen, but I guess I was just in too much of a rush that morning to put it on.  Even without it, if we'd been in the Indiana sun all day long, we'd both be lobsters.  The Alaska sun is definitely different.  So if you're a red head or a blondie, come here. :)
    We played on the float in the Kenai July 4th parade.  It was a new experience for me.  It was really hot, the parade route was long, and my arms were tired before we reached the end.  But I had a ton of fun!  The crowd was really upbeat and energized. The bows kept falling off the sides of the float so one of the kids riding it had to jump off, run alongside, and tape them back on.  I was laughing at him so much that I kept messing up.
    Come to find out, the floats were being judged and we won first prize!! :) Happy Birthday America!! :D

~ VICKA

No comments:

Post a Comment