Voting

Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Very Late Introduction

Hi, my name is Victoria Ingersoll. My friends call me Vicka. I’m the other half of the Diamonds in the Rough and I’m finally posting. Before Nat and I formed the Diamonds, I took six years of classical guitar lessons. I got my first guitar for my eleventh birthday because I wanted to be a cowboy when I grew up. I was convinced that if I got a guitar, the boots, hat, and horse would follow. (The difference between cowboys and cowgirls wasn’t too important at that age. I just thought cowboy sounded cooler.) :) I quit guitar lessons at nineteen to go to college for writing. I still loved music, but I couldn’t really see classical guitar in my future.


Then, along came Nat from The Grimes Girls. Nat and Kat and I go to church together. Kat had just gotten married and didn’t want to travel far away from hubby so The Grimes Girls decided to take a sabbatical for the summer of 2011. (Don’t worry all you Grimes Girls fans, the Grimes Girls aren’t splitting up. They’re just taking a break.) But Nat still wanted to play fiddle and mentioned to me that she needed a guitarist. I volunteered and we created, Diamonds in the Rough.


I've learned so much in the two months I've been playing bluegrass guitar.  I can’t wait to jump into this new adventure, meet all the wonderful people I’d never meet otherwise, and play my heart out! I’ll be posting more in the future.


~Vicka

No comments:

Post a Comment