Voting

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cattle Driving

Well, today after sleeping in and touching base with people back home, I decided to explore the ranch some.  I went up to the main office which is where I ran into Dan.  He is a hired hand that lives on the ranch.  Dan then showed me around the grounds and introduced me to some other people.  As we were walking around we ran into Blair who is the owners son.  Blair said the cowboys were only 40 mins out so we needed to move.  I look at Dan and he asked me if i was up for going on a cattle drive. :)  I promptly said yes.  So we jumped on the four wheeler and followed Blair to meet the cowboys.  We took about four or so hours driving the cattle from the ranch to the Rodeo grounds where they will be ridden tomorrow in a rodeo.  :)  It was a fun experience to say the least.  Because I was so late in jumping in I did not get to ride a horse, but I did get to drive a four wheeler so I was still happy.  The weather here is not to bad.  It was rainy and cloudy today so it was chilly but it was not much different from home.  :)  I am not sure what tomorrow will entail, but I am sure it will be exciting. 

Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment